Saturday, July 20, 2019

Ghost stories - Main article

Ghost stories

Hi Again! IceCreamRain here. We have just gotten back from a fun-packed, and maybe even fright-packed trip to Japan and Korea. One activity we went to was "Ghost Stories". I'm going to write a little bit about those! Links to the ghost stories are included in this article, and at the end of it too.



    I looked around the train station. We had arrived slightly late, if not horribly late, due to an accident on the tracks, and it was already almost dark. A chilly breeze whooshed past me, and I shivered, looking up at Mom.
    "Come on. Dad says to meet her at the ticket booth."
    Mom was talking about the host for our ghost stories. The reason Dad was not already there with us was because his car had gotten stuck in traffic. Hopefully he would arrive soon. I followed Mom up the steps, and we arrived in a large spacey area. I scanned it for a ticket booth, and it caught my sight from the corner of the large room.
    I wandered around the room, looking nervously out at the sky. I hoped we wouldn't be up too late, I didn't want to be tripping over myself the next day. I glanced back toward Mom, and caught her shaking hands with a tall lady who stood next to her. I raced over, and she greeted me warmly.
    "You're tall," said Buster.
    "That I am," said the lady, whose name was apparently Linda.
    "And you have a weird accent," said Buster.
    I winced, and whispered, "Buster, you're being rude..."
    But Linda didn't appear to mind. "Yes, I'm not sure why I have this accent, but I've had it for as long as I can remember." 
     I smiled at her gratefully.
    "Well, shall we begin?"
     Before I knew it I was standing on a stony path. The sun was setting, and Dad still wasn't there.
    "While we wait for your dad, I brought some snacks," said Linda.
    She opened up her backpack and took out a long chain of plastic packs. I let out a disappointed sigh. "I can't eat gummy bears," I said. "I'm pescatarian. They have gelatin in them."
    "Luckily for you," Linda said, "I have some gummies that don't have gelatin in them." She reached into her backpack and brought out a large bag. I reached into it and brought out a small container that read 'apple' on it. I pulled the seal off and found some bouncy orange-colored jello inside, then popped it into my mouth.
    "Delicious," I mumbled through a mouthful of apple-y bouncy yumminess.
    "Hey, there's your dad," said Linda, pointing to a black car which had parked at the other end of the cemetery. Oh, I haven't told you already? This place we were in was a cemetery. Well, not exactly. I suppose you would call it an ancient burial ground. There were little mounds all around the path. If you dug up the mounds you would find a tomb. Inside the tomb was where all the dead people were buried. At the end of the path was a gigantic stone mound thing, which was a tomb that had been excavated.
     Dad walked up to us, and Linda said, "Well then, let's get started. The first place we're going tonight is this large tomb, which was the tomb for a family." she led us to the end of the path, where it dropped down into a sort of moat around the tomb. We walked down into the moat and into the dark and moist tomb.
    Linda laid some plastic cloths out for us which we sat on, shivering in the cold tomb. "Now," said Linda, "Our first story will begin in this tomb. In this very tomb, there lays a family..."

Go Here to see the full ghost story.

We walked down beside the riverside. The empty river bed side, to be precise. This river was completely empty.
    "It wasn't always," said Linda. "And we will start our story soon. But first you must know about the Kappa.
    "A Kappa is a mythical creature that resembles a reptile and a human. It has the shell of a turtle and webbed feet and a human head. On top of its head there is a bowl filled with water. If the water spills, the Kappa dies after some time. He dries up. And now we shall begin our story."

Go Here to see the full ghost story.

It was pitch black now, the dead of night. This time we were heading to a real cemetery. 
    "This is a cemetery," said Linda. "Over there is a mountain--" she motioned to a large mountain to our left-- "and over there, where we got of the bus, there used to be a house." She motioned to our right. "And now our story begins."

Go Here to see the full ghost story.

We walked down the chilly city streets until we came to a bamboo grove.
    "This was built on part of the man from the last story's plot of land. Our story begins."

Go Here to see the full ghost story.

    I panted as I walked up the tall steps. Finally I reached the top, where I saw a temple. The rest of my family appeared behind me, all panting just as hard as I was.
    "This is our final ghost story. This is a shrine to the war god, which will appear in this last story I am about to tell you."

Go Here to see the full ghost story.

    ✮The end✮

Like this article, and looking for more? Check out my other articles!
Follow me on scratch here!
or https://scratch.mit.edu/users/Vicious-Kittens/ (My account with my cousin)
or https://scratch.mit.edu/users/MarshmallowWaffle/ (My account with my friends)
Join scratch here! https://scratch.mit.edu/ (A place to learn how to code! Super fun ^^)
Thanks for reading!

-IceCreamRain

(Like my new picture?)

No comments:

Post a Comment