Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Singapore - The Night Safari

by Child 2


So, Last week we went to Singapore. It was clean, and you should've seen the airport- but that's a story for another day. Today we're going to dive right into THE NIGHT SAFARI.






Image result for Night Safari


We arrived at about 9:00.

That's Nine in the morning for you people in Boston, but that's really nine at night in Singapore. This is normally about the time we brush our teeth and put our PJs on, but I'd napped for four hours before coming here (Nope, not kidding!) and I was feeling pretty rested. Connie, who was visiting us, came too. We got some things to drink. I got an ice lemon tea.
A picture of us. Mom's taking it so she isn't in it.

We boarded the night safari at about 9:30.

The safari was a big tram sort of thing with the walls open. The night was dark and I was at the edge of it. I held onto a metal bar, like one on a bus, on the dark bumpy road. We rolled down the Night Safari. A booming voice above us said something. I leaned forward. In a clearing to our right there were some deer-like animals. They were really pretty!

I can't remember the order, but here are some of the animals we saw on the safari:

Elephants

Bears

Rhinos

Tigers

Lions

We got off the Night Safari at about 10:00.

We were all hungry, so we got some things to eat and drink. My brother Buster and I got some delicious freshly-made fruit smoothies. We all ate at a delicious restaurant, eating bread, soup, and other wonderful things. Suddenly we heard a sound, the sound of fire. We finished our dinners and went to take a look.

They were on fire. Like, literally.

From over the heads of the crowd, we saw fire. We saw people.
People holding sticks that are on fire. The girls are wearing outfits I don't like.
I pushed up to the front of the crowd. I watched in wonder as people twirled fire, threw fire, and even spit fire. The picture we took isn't very high resolution, so here are a few I got from the internet:
Image result for night safari fire show
Like I said, the girls are wearing very bad outfits.
and
Image result for night safari fire show
You know what, the men aren't very modestly dressed either.
Yuuuuuuuk. Bad senses of fashion. But the show was amazing.


At 10:30, the creatures of the night show started.

We entered an area with a stage and sat down. The night show was about to begin. Colored lights danced across the stage. Finally a lady came out. She talked for a bit then left the stage. Suddenly a small, furry animal dashed across it, got some food, and ran back off. A large animal, hidden in the shadows, came up on the hill, took a drink, and slunk back off. Soon a lady came up, holding an extremely cute animal on her shoulders.
The picture is kinda blurred
Aww!!!
Next, there were owls. They flew around the stage as quiet as a mouse (Actually, quieter.).
Owls!
A little later in the show they called for some volunteers. The volunteers went off the stage. For a few minutes, quiet. Then they came back out, but they weren't alone.
I am amazed.
Wow!

And even later in the show, the staff put trash out on the stage. Two small furry animals sort the trash into three bins!
AWESOME!

The night show ended at about 11:00.

We got home at about 12:00.

I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.

The end

check out more of my articles here!
Follow me on scratch here!
https://scratch.mit.edu/users/Millivolt/
or https://scratch.mit.edu/users/SnowConeRain/
or https://scratch.mit.edu/users/Vicious-Kittens/
or https://scratch.mit.edu/users/MarshmallowWaffle/
Join scratch here! https://scratch.mit.edu/
Thanks for reading!
-Ice Cream Rain



4 comments:

  1. Millie, that sounds like a crazy adventure! I have never heard of a night safari. You’d think the animals would be sleeping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? Are you Avery, Randomeyelash, or Allison?

      Delete
  2. Hi Mille! You sounds like you had fun. I think your the best blogger. Love, Juliette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ^w^ thank you so much Juliette! Yes, it was extremely fun even though I was very sleepy by the end of it.

      Delete