Sunday, January 13, 2019

District 21

by Child 2

In 2066, us humans have destroyed ourselves, polluting  the world beyond belief, but you'd better believe it now.
Welcome to district 21, the apocalypse- themed adventure park.

YOU MUST SURVIVE DISTRICT 21!!!!!!!!!!!!


If you've read my article "Malls in Malaysia", you would've heard a brief summary of District 21. Super cool thing behind the arcade? Yeah, that's it.

We arrived at the arcade with our friends. My sister, Child 1, and I looked at the video they played to tell you the rules. The rules were normal, like, "No cutting the line, listen to people, etc.". Then they told the story of District 21. "In 2066, us humans have destroyed ourselves, polluting  the world beyond belief, but you'd better believe it now.
 Welcome to district 21, the apocalypse- themed adventure park.YOU MUST SURVIVE DISTRICT 21!!!!!!!!!!!!" After watching the rules for a while, we went back to Mom. She had socks and gloves for us and our friends. Once I was done fitting my gloves on, I looked up and gasped. This place was huge! There was soooo much stuff! 

Once my friends Noah and Erin were done getting their socks and gloves on, and my sister Child 1 and my brother Buster too, we decided to go through "The Maze". For the entrance, there was a large rusty robot crouching down and we went through its feet. Everyone except for Erin, our friends Noah's sister, was too old for the kid one so we went though the adult one. As soon as you got in, there was a metal fence-like thing with a small gap underneath. We crawled through. After climbing though rusty tunnels and deserted, fiery rooms with empty chairs, we climbed and crawled out of the robot and into light.You see, the maze has two parts: inside the rusty, creepy robot, and outside of it but in these glowing blue wire-y robot-y things.
The end, with a long slide on it.
Soon we got to the end. You can see me in a tunnel in the top-ish right of the picture, I'm wearing a white T-shirt with a blue circle on it and black shorts. The end has a really big circle with a large spider net made out of elastic in it. We jumped into a super long yellow slide, which you can see in the picture

After we were done with that, we headed toward the "Free Fall" area.  We all lined up for our turn to jump off of a balcony and fall a loooong way down onto a cushion thing. I went first! A man put a helmet on me and a bit of gear. Then we climbed up a tall ladder and looked down. My insides flip-flopped. I suddenly realized how sweaty the helmet the guy had given me was. He counted down. "Three, two, one, jump!" I squeezed my eyes shut.


Me falling to my death

But when I opened them again I was still standing there, my legs not wanting to move. The man asked me if I was okay. I said yes. He counted again. "Three, two, one, jump!" I shivered for a second, but then forced myself off the platform. I fell, spinning, and landed on a soft cushion at the bottom. Two men helped me get my gear off, and then I watched my friends as they jumped.

After succeeding in that, we went to the Trampoline. We took off our socks and shoes and ran around, bouncing and laughing, racing and daring each other. We threw balls around and tried to get them through the hoops. 


Really big


Soon we grew tired and went down to get our shoes and socks back on. It was fun, though!

After the trampoline, my friend Noah and I went toward the Ninja Course. We took off our shoes and began to do the obstacles. First we walked along lots of balance-beams, trying hard not to fall off because then we would fail the course. Then we put our legs on one wall and our arms on one wall, and side climbed over some foam. We weren't allowed to touch the foam, of course. After we had climbed across the pits of foam blocks, We had to step across some wooden platforms that were suspended by ropes.


This is hard
After that, we had to sort of monkey bar across some wheels, which you can see in the picture. Then we either had to monkey bar across or climb a spider net upside-down across to the next part. Then we had to climb these plastic slices that had little holes in them for your hands, so they looked like cheese. That was the cheese, but who cut it? The next part we had to climb across by just gripping these metal bars that were hanging from the ceiling. (I failed that part.) Then we had to run up a wall and get to the top, then come down by sliding down a pole. It was fun!

    After that, we went into a line of the "Power Station". We waited ten minutes and then we finally got our turns in it! We got some gear on and then we went to climb stuff. The first thing I did was go over to a tall square thing that had climbing walls on each side. Well, 3 of the sides at least. The last side had a door that led into the pitch-black inside. There were hand holds on the inside and you could climb it! I went in there and climbed it. it was fun! Then I went over to a climbing wall where the hand holds were these big blocks shaped like gears. Sounds easy, right? But here's the catch: the gears TURNED. If you grabbed onto one of them with only one hand, the gear would spin and your hand would slip. I made it to the almost-top after a long time of struggling! Then I climbed the one next to it, which was pretty normal, but the hand holds were pretty far apart. Then I climbed this one that was really easy and was on the front side of the huge square-ish thing with climbing walls on each side. The hand holds were big and shaped like tetris blocks.


That was easy.

After that I went and climbed some ladders that were surprisingly hard to climb. But then my time ran out and I had to go out of the power station.

    After that, we went up some stairs to the "Tube Slide". We each grabbed a tube and climbed into it.


Buster sliding
Then a man would give us a push and we would go speeding and spinning down the track. Fun!



WE SURVIVED DISTRICT 21!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope you enjoyed my article! If you have any questions or suggestions post them in the comments or contact me on my email.

2 comments: